Essential information prior to surgery
To enable us to contribute to the provision of a safe and efficient experience, please find listed some information to consider before your hospital admission.
- Bring any papers or forms given to you by your surgeon, including any doctor referral letters
- Bring all relevant x-rays, scans or MRI's
- Ensure you have your spectacles or hearing aids with you
- Please leave any valuables and jewellery at home as we are not responsible for lost or stolen items
- It is important to arrive punctually for your appointment to allow time for preparation; if you think you will be late please telephone the hospital
- You might find it beneficial to bring a book or (toys for children) while waiting for theatre.
Please bring any medications you are taking and a detailed list.
Day and multi-day surgery
Once your operation is confirmed by your private surgeon, a member of staff from Northpark Private Hospital will contact you prior to your admission to inform you of your time of arrival, fasting details and other relevant information.
Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have our pre-admission nurse, on 9468 0157 if you have any questions prior to your admission. (Available Monday-Friday 8.00am-4.00pm).
On arrival at Northpark Private Hospital please report to the main reception where you will be directed to your relevant unit.
A nurse will complete a medical assessment, answer any questions and prepare you for surgery.
Both your Surgeon and the Anaesthetist will see you prior to your surgery, they will be able to address any questions or concerns you may have.
Do not hesitate to write down questions as you think of them in preparedness.